I didn’t leave empty-handed when you crossed the Rainbow Bridge

 I didn’t leave empty-handed when you crossed the Rainbow Bridge…

I left carrying pieces of you in places nobody can see.

In my routines.
In my silence.
On the way I still glance toward the passenger seat without thinking.

You loved me so deeply that even after goodbye…
your love stayed stitched into who I became.

I still wake up expecting to hear your paws outside my door.
I still save little bites of food before remembering you’re not waiting nearby anymore.

And God… that realization hurts every single time.

But even grief feels sacred when the love was real.

Because not everyone gets to be loved the way you loved me.

Pure.
Loyal.
Without conditions.

You were there through the worst nights of my life.
You stayed close during heartbreak, loneliness, fear…
even when no human knew how much I was struggling.

And when you left,
you didn’t take that love back with you.

You left it here.

Inside my chest.
Inside this home.
Inside every quiet corner your soul once touched.

So maybe that’s why losing you feels impossible…
because a part of you never actually left.

I carry your love everywhere now.

Like an invisible leash tied gently around my heart. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster