I used to think together meant physical things
I used to think together meant physical things.
Sharing a couch.Hearing your paws across the floor.
Feeling your warm body curl beside me at night.
But grief has taught me something different.
Together does not always end when breathing does.
Because somehow…
even after goodbye…
I still carry you inside every part of my life.
You still exist in the way I wake up early because years of caring for you became part of me.
In the way I instinctively glance toward the passenger seat during car rides.
In the softness my heart learned from being loved by you.
Sometimes I catch myself talking to you out loud.
Little things.
“I miss you.”
“You would’ve loved this weather.”
“Come visit me in my dreams tonight.”
And maybe that sounds strange to people who have never loved a dog deeply.
But people who have lost a soul with paws understand.
Because when love is real enough, it leaves pieces of itself behind everywhere.
You are still in this home.
In the quiet corners.
In the memories stitched into every room.
In the invisible shape beside me that my heart still makes space for without thinking.
I still remember the feeling of your fur beneath my hands.
The sleepy sound you made while dreaming.
The way your eyes followed me like I was the safest thing in your world.
Truthfully…
I think you saved me more times than you ever knew.
And maybe that kind of bond does not disappear just because the body does.
Maybe somewhere beyond the clouds, beneath the soft glowing skies of the Rainbow Bridge.
your spirit still walks beside mine.
Maybe every dream, every sudden warmth, every moment where grief briefly softens into peace…
is your way of reminding me:
“We’re still together.
Just differently now.”
So even though I cannot hold you anymore…
I still feel you.
Inside my routines.
Inside my healing.
Inside the heartbeat that still says your name without words.
And maybe love this deep was never meant to end.
Only to change form.
Reacties
Een reactie posten