Some loves stand at a distance

 Some loves stand at a distance.

Yours never did.

Your love sat beside mine through everything.

Through quiet mornings when I could barely find the energy to get out of bed.
Through long nights when the world felt too heavy and I cried where nobody else could see me.
Through ordinary afternoons that became beautiful simply because you were there beside me breathing softly.

You never tried to fix my sadness.

You just stayed.

And honestly…

that kind of love saved me more times than I can explain.

I still remember the weight of your head resting against my leg like it belonged there.
The warmth of your fur beneath my hand while the house sat silent around us.
The comfort of hearing your sleepy breathing nearby and knowing, somehow, I wasn’t alone.

Dogs have a way of loving people without making them earn it.

No conditions.
No complicated expectations.

Just presence.

Faithful, steady presence.

Now the couch feels too empty without you curled beside me.
The evenings stretch longer.
The silence reaches farther into every room.

Sometimes I still move carefully in bed so I do not “disturb” the space where you used to sleep.

Grief turns love into habits the body cannot forget.

And maybe that’s because real connection never fully leaves us.

It settles deeper.

Inside memory.
Inside routine.
Inside the quiet spaces of the heart that still ache when someone says your name.

Some nights I sit outside beneath the stars and imagine you somewhere peaceful beyond all this pain .

A beautiful meadow filled with golden light where old dogs run young again.
Where tired bodies no longer hurt.
Where souls like yours still wait with patient loving eyes.

Maybe you still sit beside me there too.

Maybe every sudden feeling of warmth… every dream… every peaceful moment that appears without explanation…

is your love finding its way back to mine again.

Because even now, after goodbye…

I swear part of you still rests quietly beside my heart.

And maybe part of me always will beside yours.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster