Not everyone gets to experience a love like ours
Not everyone gets to experience a love like ours.
That’s what hurts so much.We were something rare.
You were never simply part of my life…
you became part of who I was.
The kind of bond people search for their entire lives without realizing it can sometimes arrive with paws, soft eyes, and a tail that wagged like seeing you was the best moment of every day.
You knew me better than most humans ever did.
You recognized sadness before I spoke a word.
You stayed close during the nights I silently fell apart.
You celebrated ordinary moments like they mattered.
And somehow, because of you…
they did matter.
The world felt softer with you in it.
Safer.
Even now, I still catch myself turning toward the places you used to rest.
The spot by the window where sunlight wrapped around your fur.
The side of the bed you somehow claimed as yours.
The front door where your entire body shook with happiness every time I came home.
Those little memories carry so much life inside them that sometimes they don’t even feel like memories.
They feel alive.
That’s the difficult thing about rare love.
It doesn’t fade quietly.
It echoes.
In routines.
In silence.
In every version of yourself that was shaped by being loved so purely.
Some people will never understand why losing a dog can feel like losing part of your soul.
But they never experienced what we had.
Because this was never ownership.
Never “pet and owner.”
This was companionship in its truest form.
You walked beside me through seasons of my life nobody else fully saw.
You loved me through brokenness, loneliness, healing, fear.
And you never once asked me to become someone different to deserve it.
Sometimes I look up at the night sky and imagine you somewhere peaceful beyond all this pain.
Running freely through endless fields beneath soft golden light.
Young again.
Whole again.
And maybe every star that feels brighter than the others carries pieces of souls like yours—
souls too loving, too loyal, too beautiful to ever truly disappear.
We were something rare.
And maybe that is why even grief cannot separate us completely.
Reacties
Een reactie posten