Saying goodbye has broken me into pieces

 Saying goodbye has broken me into pieces I never thought possible. The whole house is so still now, a heavy, aching silence that feels unbearable. I still listen for the familiar pitter-patter of your paws on the hardwood, or wait to feel your comforting weight curl up beside me before sleep. I miss your watchful eyes following my every move, and the space where you should be is just too large. 

💔

Your favorite cushion in the corner now feels like a sacred space, a quiet reminder of all the warmth you brought to my life. I reflexively reach out for you all the time, only to grasp at empty air, and every time, it hits me fresh. This isn’t just sadness; it feels like a piece of myself is gone, a piece I can never replace. You were my quiet friend, my gentle constant.

Now, without you, everything feels darker and so much heavier. This kind of loss is learning how to carry immense love and profound pain at the same time, and it truly hurts in every corner of my heart. 🐾💛

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster