The message found me
The message found me…
At exactly the moment I thought my heart could not carry this grief anymore.It wasn’t anything extraordinary.
No thunder.
No voice from the sky.
No miracle anyone else would probably notice.
Just a quiet moment on an ordinary day.
I was sitting alone missing you in that unbearable way that sneaks up out of nowhere.
The kind where your chest aches because the silence in the house suddenly feels too big.
I looked down at my phone.
And there it was.
A random memory photo of you.
Your happy eyes.
Your crooked little smile.
The sunlight resting across your fur like heaven had already touched you long before goodbye ever came.
And I broke.
Not because the memory hurt.
But because for one tiny second… it felt like you reached back for me.
Like somehow love had crossed the distance between this world and wherever you are now.
People think grief is only sadness.
But sometimes grief is longing so deep that even the smallest sign feels sacred.
A feather on the sidewalk.
A dream that feels too real.
A familiar warmth during moments you feel completely alone.
Maybe that’s how our angels stay close.
Quietly.
Gently.
Finding little ways to remind us they are still part of us.
I still miss everything about you.
The sound of your paws following me into every room.
The way you stared at me while I ate dinner like you hadn’t eaten in years.
The comfort of resting my hand on your warm fur after difficult days.
You made life softer.
Safer.
Brighter somehow.
And losing you left a silence nothing else knows how to fill.
But that message…
That beautiful unexpected reminder of you…
It felt like love refusing to disappear.
Now when evening falls and the sky fills with stars, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge running through endless golden meadows beneath glowing rainbow light.
Free again.
Whole again.
Still loving me enough to send little pieces of yourself back when my heart needs you most.
And maybe that’s why the message found me.
Because real love always finds its way home.
Reacties
Een reactie posten