They felt your presence

 They felt your presence…

Before I even said your name.
It happened so quietly.

A sudden stillness in the room.
A child smiling toward the empty hallway.
A soft breeze moving through the house when every window was closed.

And for one impossible moment… it felt like you had come home again.
I remember the way everyone looked at each other afterward.

Confused.
Emotional.
Silent.

Because somehow… we all felt it.
That familiar warmth you carried into every room when you were alive.
You always had that kind of soul.

Gentle.
Comforting.
Safe.

Even strangers trusted you immediately.
You had this way of making people feel less alone without ever speaking a single word.
And maybe love like that doesn’t disappear when the body does.
Maybe it lingers.

Softly.
Faithfully.
Like pawprints pressed into the heart too deeply to ever fully fade away.
I still miss you every day.
I miss hearing your paws moving across the floor before sunrise.
I miss your sleepy breathing beside me at night.
I miss the way your eyes followed me like I was your entire world.

There are moments the grief still knocks the air out of me.
Moments where the silence feels unbearable.
But then something happens.

A dream that feels too real.
A sudden warmth against my chest.
A feeling so strong it almost feels physical.

And deep down… I know.
That’s you.
Still loving me the only way you know how.
Still finding little ways to stay close.
Sometimes I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge, resting peacefully beneath glowing skies filled with stars and soft rainbow light. 

Healthy again.
Whole again.
Watching over the people who still carry your love every single day.
And maybe that’s why others feel your presence too.
Because souls like yours leave light behind long after they’re gone. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster