Here’s your long-form post and matching image idea

 Here’s your long-form post and matching image idea.

The silence has edges now…
Sharp ones.
They catch me in the middle of ordinary moments and suddenly I can’t breathe the same way anymore.
Because this house used to sound like you.
Your paws against the hallway floor.
Your collar softly jingling in the dark.
That little sleepy sigh before you curled up beside me every night.
Now the quiet feels unnatural.
Too still.
Too empty.
Sometimes I turn around so quickly because I swear I heard you behind me.
And for one tiny, painful second…
you’re alive again.
Then reality settles back into the room like cold air.
I think people underestimate what dogs leave behind.
Not just memories.
Routines.
Comfort.
Pieces of ourselves.
You knew every version of me.
The happy one.
The broken one.
The exhausted one that cried into your fur when nobody else noticed I was falling apart.
And somehow… you loved me through all of it.
That’s why grief feels so heavy.
Because losing you didn’t just take away a dog.
It took away the one soul who loved me without conditions, without judgment, without ever asking for anything except to stay close to me.
Your favorite toy is still near the couch.
I haven’t moved it.
Maybe because part of me is terrified that if I clean away the traces of you… this silence will become even louder.
But late at night, when the world softens and the moonlight spills across the floor, I feel something different inside the quiet.
Not emptiness.
Presence.
Like somewhere beyond the stars, beyond the clouds, beyond this temporary goodbye… you still exist.
Free again.
Running through endless fields beneath glowing rainbow skies. 

And maybe the reason my heart still reaches for you is because love does not understand endings.
It only understands connection.
So yes… the silence has edges now.
But your love still lives between them.
Always. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster