Some losses do not get smaller with time
Some losses do not get smaller with time…
they just become quieter.But late at night, when the world slows down enough for honesty, I still whisper the same thing into the dark:
“I still need you.”
I needed you in all the ordinary moments people never noticed.
The way you greeted me like my existence mattered every single day.
The way your head rested against my knee whenever life became too heavy to carry alone.
The way your eyes found mine from across the room like you were always checking to make sure I was okay.
No one prepares you for how deeply a dog becomes woven into your survival.
You were comfort without words.
Home without conditions.
Love without complication.
And after you left…
everything familiar felt colder.
I still reach for your leash sometimes before walks.
I still pause near the pet aisle at stores because part of my heart forgets for one tiny second that you are gone.
I still sleep on one side of the bed because that space beside me somehow still belongs to you.
People tell grieving hearts to “move forward.”
But how do you move forward from the soul that helped carry you through your hardest days?
You were there during the breakdowns nobody else saw.
During lonely nights.
During mornings when getting out of bed felt impossible.
And somehow your simple presence made life feel survivable again.
That kind of love leaves fingerprints on the spirit forever.
Some nights I sit quietly and hold your collar in my hands just to feel close to you again.
I close my eyes and almost hear your breathing.
Almost.
And maybe that ache is proof that love never truly ends.
Maybe somewhere beyond the clouds, beneath the soft glowing skies of the Rainbow Bridge.
you still know when I miss you most.
Maybe that’s why certain dreams feel so real.
Why certain moments suddenly feel warm again.
Why my heart still feels calmer whenever I say your name out loud.
Because even now…
even after goodbye…
some part of you still stays beside me.
And the truth is…
I think some part of me will always need you here.
Reacties
Een reactie posten