You were never loud
You were never loud.
Never demanding.But somehow…
you became the calmest, safest part of my entire life.
When everything around me felt uncertain,
you stayed steady.
The world could fall apart outside these walls,
and still,
there you were beside me —
quietly loving me through it all.
You knew my sadness before I spoke.
You stayed close during nights I thought nobody understood me.
And somehow your presence alone made heavy days feel survivable.
I miss that light now.
Not the kind that shines brightly for everyone to see…
but the soft kind.
The kind that waits patiently at the door.
The kind that curls beside you during storms.
The kind that follows you room to room just to make sure you’re okay.
After you left,
the house didn’t just become quieter.
It became dimmer.
But every now and then,
when sunlight spills across the floor
or stars appear in the silence of late night,
I feel something warm brush against my heart again.
Like your love still reaches me somehow.
Maybe souls like yours never stop shining.
Maybe they simply glow differently after goodbye.
And even now,
through all this grief,
you are still my steady light.
Reacties
Een reactie posten