I didn’t sit down to write this

 I didn’t sit down to write this…

it just… came.
In the quiet.
In the spaces where words usually don’t reach.
Because lately…
I haven’t said much.
Not out loud.
Not to anyone.
But that doesn’t mean there’s nothing there.
It just means everything stayed inside…
too heavy… too full…
to turn into sound.
And somehow…
that silence started speaking.
Not in sentences at first.
Not in anything clear.
Just feelings…
pressing gently against my chest…
waiting for somewhere to go.
I tried to ignore it.
Told myself it would pass…
that the ache would settle
if I just kept moving forward.
But it didn’t.
It stayed.
Quiet…
steady…
like something that refused to be forgotten.
And I realized…
this wasn’t something I could say out loud.
Because how do you explain
the kind of missing that doesn’t make noise?
The kind that sits with you
while everything else keeps going…
like it’s the only thing that understands
what’s really gone.
So I stopped trying to speak it.
And instead…
I let it be.
I let the silence hold it…
shape it…
turn it into something softer.
And somewhere in that stillness…
you appeared.
Not in front of me.
Not in a way I could reach.
But in that familiar feeling…
that quiet presence
that always knew how to find me
when I needed you most.
That’s when I understood—
this…
what I’m feeling…
what I’m writing…
it didn’t come from words.
It came from you.
From everything you were.
From everything you left behind
in the parts of me
that still carry you.
Because love like yours
doesn’t disappear into silence.
It becomes it.
It lives there…
gently…
waiting for the moment
it needs to be felt again.
And maybe that’s why this exists.
Not because I chose to write it…
but because my silence
couldn’t hold you anymore.
So it let you through…
in the only way it knew how.
And one day…
when I don’t have to keep these feelings quiet…
when distance isn’t something I have to live with…
I won’t need silence to speak for me.
I’ll just say your name…
and everything I’ve been holding…
will finally find its way back to you. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster