I didn’t realize it at first

 I didn’t realize it at first…

how much of my life rested in you.
It didn’t feel that big.
It didn’t feel like everything.
It just felt… natural.
The way you were always there.
The way my days quietly formed around you…
without me needing to think about it.
You were in the small things.
The way mornings began…
the way nights settled…
the way even the quietest moments
never actually felt empty.
And somehow…
that became my whole world.
Not because you took up space—
but because you filled it with something
nothing else ever could.
You held it all so gently.
My happiness…
my calm…
the pieces of me that didn’t always feel steady.
You carried them
without ever asking…
without ever needing recognition.
And I didn’t see it fully then.
I didn’t understand
how much you were holding for me
just by being there.
Until you weren’t.
And suddenly…
everything felt different.
The same rooms…
the same days…
the same life…
but something essential
was no longer there.
Like the center had shifted…
and everything else
was trying to find its place again.
Because you weren’t just part of my world.
You were what kept it steady.
What made it feel whole.
And now…
that’s what I feel the most.
Not just that you’re gone…
but that the one who held my whole world together…
isn’t here the way they used to be.
But even now…
even in this quiet, reshaped life…
I think you’re still holding something.
Not the world around me…
but the part of it
that lives inside my heart.
The memories.
The love.
The pieces that refuse to fall apart
no matter how much has changed.
Maybe that’s how you stayed.
Still holding me…
in a way I can’t see…
but feel in the moments
when everything should feel broken…
and somehow… doesn’t.
Because you taught my heart
how to keep going…
how to keep loving…
how to keep holding on
even when things don’t make sense.
And one day…
when everything comes back together again…
I won’t have to wonder
what it felt like to be whole.
I’ll step right back into it—
into the world you always held so gently…
and never truly let go of.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster