There’s something about saying their name

 There’s something about saying their name…

that brings them a little closer.
Even now.
Even after everything.
Because silence can feel too heavy sometimes.
Like it’s holding too much…
like it’s keeping all the love locked inside
with nowhere to go.
But their name…
their name opens something.
I still whisper yours.
Not loudly.
Not for anyone else to hear.
Just softly…
like I’m trying not to break the moment.
And every time I do…
it feels like you’re right there again.
Not fully.
Not the way I want.
But close enough
that my heart recognizes you.
Your name isn’t just a word.
It’s every memory.
Every moment.
Every piece of love that never learned how to end.
It carries the way you looked at me…
the way you stayed close…
the way you made everything feel okay
without ever trying.
That’s what lives inside it.
And maybe that’s why it matters so much
to keep saying it.
Because as long as I do…
you’re not just a memory.
You’re still part of this world.
Still moving through it…
in quiet ways…
in unseen spaces…
in every place your love touched.
I think we’re afraid sometimes.
Afraid that if we speak their name too much…
it will hurt more.
But the truth is…
it’s the opposite.
It brings them back.
Not in body…
but in presence.
In feeling.
In connection.
In that gentle warmth
that reminds us
they’re not as far away as it seems.
So I won’t stop.
I’ll keep saying your name…
on quiet mornings…
in long nights…
in moments when my heart feels too full
or too empty.
Because it still belongs here.
Just like you do.
And one day…
when distance is no longer between us…
I’ll say your name again—
and this time…
you’ll hear it.
You’ll come running…
just like always…
like nothing was ever lost at all. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster