You found me there

 You found me there…

in the middle of a life that was already tired.

I didn’t know how much loneliness I was carrying until you walked into it so gently.

One look.
One wag of your tail.
One quiet moment beside me…

And suddenly the world felt softer.

You came into my life during days nobody else saw clearly.
Days where I smiled in public but quietly hurt in private.
And somehow,
without words,
you understood all of it.

You found me in sadness.
In silence.
In the versions of myself I tried so hard to hide from everyone else.

And you loved me anyway.

That’s what breaks my heart now.

Not just that I lost you…
but that someone so pure once chose me completely.

I still remember the way you looked at me like I was your whole world.
The way you waited at doors.
The way your paws followed me no matter where I went.

You made me feel found.

And even now,
after goodbye,
I think part of my soul still searches for you in quiet places.

In dreams.
In sunsets.
In moments where the air suddenly feels warm for no reason.

Maybe love leaves invisible trails behind.

Because somehow…
even after losing you,
I still feel your heart finding mine all over again.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster