Last night, you came to me

 Last night, you came to me.

Not in the way you used to, with paws on the floor and a wagging tail,
but softer… gentler… through a dream.
You ran to me as though no time had passed.
Your fur brushed my hands. Your eyes lit up like stars.
And for a moment, I wasn’t grieving.
I was whole again.
When I woke, the room was still and empty.
No jingling tags. No sound of you by my side.
But on my pillow, I swear there was warmth—
like you had only just left.
I think heaven lets you visit this way.
Through dreams. Through whispers in the night.
Through pawprints pressed not into earth, but into my soul.
So I’ll keep closing my eyes each night with hope.
Because in sleep, we are never apart.
And one day, when my own dream ends, I know I’ll wake to find you waiting for me—
not in the clouds, not in the silence,
but in forever. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster