You didn’t rush into love

 You didn’t rush into love…

you stepped into it.

Softly.
Carefully.
Like you already understood
how fragile hearts can be.

I remember the beginning.
How you stayed just a little close…
but not too close.
How you watched…
like you were learning me
before you gave yourself fully.

There was no force in you.
No demand.
Just a quiet presence…
that slowly became everything.
And then one day…
without a moment I could point to—
you chose me.

Not loudly.
Not in a way the world would notice.
But in the way you stopped holding back.
In the way your eyes softened
and never looked away again.

You chose me in the way you stayed.
In the way you followed…
not because you had to…
but because you wanted to be near.
That’s what made it different.
Your love didn’t fall all at once.

It grew.
It deepened.
It rooted itself
in something real.
And when it finally settled…
it never left.
Even now…
I still feel that gentleness.

In the memories that don’t hurt as sharply.
In the quiet moments
that feel more like warmth
than loss.
Because that’s how you loved.
Not in a way that overwhelmed…
but in a way that held.

And I think…
that kind of love doesn’t disappear.
It doesn’t break.
It doesn’t vanish with goodbye.
It lingers.
Softly…
like it always did.
In the spaces where I slow down.
In the stillness where I can feel something
without needing to understand it.

Like your heart…
is still choosing me.
Still gently finding its way back
through everything that changed.
And one day…
when I see you again…
there won’t be any distance left
for that gentleness to cross.

You’ll come close…
the same quiet way you always did…
and choose me again.
Just as softly.
Just as surely. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster