This date always arrives quietly
This date always arrives quietly…
but the moment I see it on the calendar, my entire body remembers.Somehow grief memorizes dates better than we do.
And suddenly, without warning, I’m back inside all the little moments connected to you.
The sound of your paws crossing the floor.
The way your nose nudged my hand when you wanted attention.
The sleepy warmth of you curled beside me while the world outside kept moving too fast.
People think healing means certain days stop hurting.
But some dates continue breathing with the souls we lost.
This one breathes you.
I feel it in the heaviness that settles into my chest from the moment morning begins.
In the way I linger longer over your photos today.
In the way this house somehow feels fuller with memory and emptier with absence at the same time.
I still remember the softness of your ears beneath my fingers.
The little sounds you made while dreaming.
The excitement in your eyes whenever I simply walked through the front door.
You made ordinary days feel sacred without even trying.
That’s why anniversaries of loss feel so strange.
The world continues like nothing happened…
while your heart quietly relives a love that changed everything.
Today I found one of your old toys beneath the couch while cleaning.
And for a moment…
it felt like time folded in half.
Like maybe you had only just walked into another room and would come back any second.
Grief plays those gentle cruel tricks.
But maybe love does too.
Because even through tears, I can still feel you near me today.
In the warmth of sunlight across the floor where you used to nap.
In the silence that somehow still carries your presence.
In the stars beginning to appear tonight as if heaven itself remembers with me.
Maybe somewhere beyond the Rainbow Bridge, souls like yours still pause on dates like this too.
Maybe you still feel my love reaching for you.
I hope you do.
Because even after all this time…
this date still carries your heartbeat inside it.
And honestly…
so do I.
Reacties
Een reactie posten