You were my whole world

 You were my whole world…

and I don’t think people truly understand what that means until the world suddenly feels empty.

You were there for every ordinary moment that quietly became important.

Morning routines.
Late-night tears.
Silent afternoons where your presence alone made life feel less heavy.

I built my days around you without even realizing it.

Your walks.
Your meals.
Your favorite sleeping spot beside me.

And somehow,
in the middle of all that simple love,
you became home.

That’s why losing you felt like losing more than companionship.

It felt like losing the safest part of myself.

There are still moments I reach for you automatically.
Still nights where I expect to hear your breathing before sleep finds me.

And when the silence answers instead…
it breaks my heart all over again.

But if I’m honest,
I would still choose this pain.

Because it means I got to love you.

Deeply.
Completely.
In the once-in-a-lifetime way souls are meant to love each other.

You gave my life warmth during seasons I thought I would never survive.
You loved me without asking me to be anything other than human.

And even now,
after goodbye,
nothing in this world feels more real than the bond we shared.

So yes…
you were my whole world.

And somewhere beyond the Rainbow Bridge,
a huge piece of my heart still belongs to you forever. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster