Love stayed behind

 Love stayed behind…

in places I never expected.

In the quiet hallway where your paws used to follow me.
In the blanket that still carries traces of your fur.
In the silence that somehow still feels full of you.

I used to think goodbye meant losing everything.

But it didn’t.

Because even after your heartbeat stopped beside mine…
your love refused to leave this home.

It lingers in little things.

The way I still smile through tears when I say your name.
The way my hand reaches down instinctively looking for you.
The way certain memories still warm my chest instead of only hurting.

That’s not absence.

That’s love surviving.

You loved me so deeply that even grief carries pieces of your tenderness inside it.

And honestly,
I think that’s why healing feels so strange sometimes.

Because while part of me aches endlessly for you…
another part of me still feels protected by you.

Still comforted.
Still watched over.

Maybe souls like yours never really leave the people they loved.

Maybe they simply become quieter.

A warmth in the room.
A feeling beside us in lonely moments.
A sudden peace arriving exactly when we need it most.

So even though I cannot hold you anymore…
your love stayed behind in a thousand invisible ways.

And every single one of them still helps me keep going.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster