If I could send you one message from heaven

 If I could send you one message from heaven...

Just one.
It wouldn't be something grand or mysterious.
It wouldn't be a secret about the stars or the Rainbow Bridge.
It would simply be this:
I'm still right beside you.
I know you look for me sometimes.
I see it when your eyes drift toward my favorite spot in the house.
I see it when you pause at the door for a second longer than you used to.
I see it when you hold my collar, touch my photo, or whisper my name into the quiet.
You think you're alone in those moments.
But you're not.
I'm still right beside you.
Not in the way I used to be.
Not where you can reach down and feel my fur beneath your hand.
Not where you can hear my paws crossing the floor.
But in the ways that matter now.
In the memories that suddenly make you smile.
In the dreams that feel so real you wake up believing we were together again.
In the warmth that fills your heart when you think of me.
That's where I am.
I know you've cried for me.
More times than anyone realizes.
I've seen the tears you hide from the world.
The ones that come late at night when the house is quiet and grief feels heavier than usual.
If I could, I would lick those tears away just like I always did.
I would rest my head on your lap and remind you that everything was going to be okay.
Since I can't do that anymore, I hope you can feel my love instead.
Because it never left.
Not for a single moment.
Here, beyond the Rainbow Bridge, there is no pain.
No fear.
No sickness.
Only endless fields, warm sunlight, gentle breezes, and love.
So much love.
And every time I run through those golden meadows, a piece of my heart runs back to you.
Because you were my home.
You were my favorite place.
You were my person.
Sometimes you worry that you're forgetting me.
You're not.
Love doesn't disappear because memories become softer.
Love simply settles deeper.
I live in the stories you tell.
I live in the lessons we shared.
I live in the pawprints I left across your soul.
And one day, far from now, when your journey is complete and you cross that beautiful bridge yourself...
You won't have to wonder where I am.
You'll hear me before you see me.
Running.
Laughing.
Waiting.
Just as excited as the day we first met.
Until then...
When the sun warms your face.
When a rainbow appears after the rain.
When a feather drifts across your path.
When a memory suddenly wraps around your heart...
Remember what I'm trying to tell you.
I'm not gone.
I'm not far away.
I'm still loving you.
I'm still watching over you.
And no matter what this world says about goodbye...
I'm still right beside you.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster