The message stayed alive

 The message stayed alive…

long after your voice disappeared from this world.

Not written on paper.
Not spoken out loud.

But carried quietly in everything you ever did for me.

I still feel it in the way you used to wait at the door.
In the way your eyes softened whenever I was hurting.
In the way your tail moved like pure happiness just because I came home.

You spent your whole life telling me one thing without words:

“You were never alone.”

And somehow…
that message survived even after goodbye.

There are nights I still sit in silence holding your collar,
trying to understand how love can remain so strong when someone is gone.

But maybe souls like yours never truly stop speaking.

Maybe love keeps finding new ways to reach us.

Through dreams.
Through memories.
Through sudden warmth in empty rooms.

Sometimes I’ll be having the hardest day,
and out of nowhere,
I feel this strange calm wash over me.

Like your spirit is still nearby,
nudging my heart the same gentle way you used to nudge my hand.

And for a moment,
the grief becomes softer.

Not smaller.
Just softer.

Because your life left behind more than pain.
It left behind comfort.
Loyalty.
Safety.
A kind of love that still breathes inside me every single day.

So even though I can no longer hear your paws,
your message still lives on in my heart.

Steady.
Quiet.
Eternal.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster