I hope wherever you are now

 I hope wherever you are now…

The grass is always soft beneath your paws.

No pain.
No tired legs.
No cold nights.

Just endless green fields stretching beneath golden skies.

Sometimes I close my eyes and picture you there.

Running again.
Young again.
Free in the way this world no longer allowed you to be near the end.

And somehow that image comforts me.

Because the hardest part wasn’t loving you.
It was watching time touch someone so pure.

I remember the slower walks.
The sleepy eyes.
The way you still tried to wag your tail for me even when your body was growing tired.

You stayed brave for my sake.

And I’ll never forget that.

So now when the wind moves through tall grass…
or sunlight dances across open fields…
I imagine that’s where you are.

Still chasing joy.
Still carrying pieces of my heart with you.

Maybe Heaven isn’t made of clouds at all.

Maybe it’s just a place where beloved dogs finally get endless days,
warm sunshine,
and all the green fields they were promised.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster