If love alone could have kept me here
If love alone could have kept me here, I would have stayed forever. But my body was tired, and pain weighed me down more than joy could lift me. And though you wanted me to stay, you loved me enough to let me go.
I felt your hands holding me close, your tears falling against my fur, your voice whispering words I couldn’t answer but understood with all my heart. I felt your breaking, even as you tried to be strong.But in the end, you gave me the gift of grace. You allowed me to leave this world with dignity, with comfort, with love wrapped around me like a blanket. You didn’t cling so tightly that I had to suffer—you opened your hands, even when it shattered you, so I could be free.
And now, on this side of the rainbow, I am whole. My legs run without pain, my heart beats with joy, and my spirit shines brighter because of the love you gave me.
So when you wonder if you did the right thing, know this: you gave me the most selfless act of love. You let me go with grace. And I am forever grateful.
Someday, when the time is right, I will race back to you. And in that moment, there will be no more goodbyes. Only joy. Only love. Forever.
Reacties
Een reactie posten