You rest in open sky now
You rest in open sky now…
far beyond aching bodies,far beyond pain,
far beyond the last hard breath that broke my heart.
Sometimes I imagine you stretched across endless clouds,
sleeping peacefully beneath soft golden light,
with no fear left in your eyes.
Just peace.
The kind this world couldn’t always give you.
I still remember the way you looked at me near the end.
Tired…
but still trying to comfort me somehow.
That’s what love like yours does.
Even while leaving,
you were still worried about my heart.
And honestly,
I think part of mine left with you that day.
Now when I look up at wide evening skies,
I don’t just see clouds anymore.
I see possibility.
I see places where souls like yours might still run free,
carried by warm wind and sunlight.
Maybe that’s why sunsets hurt so beautifully now.
Because for a few quiet moments,
the whole sky feels filled with you.
And when the stars begin appearing one by one,
I whisper your name softly into the night
like a prayer only Heaven understands.
I hope you know this still:
You were loved completely.
You are missed endlessly.
And no distance —
not even the sky itself —
could ever make my heart stop reaching for you.
Reacties
Een reactie posten