The hardest part comes at night
The hardest part comes at night.
When I turn down the covers,and the room grows still,
I find myself looking for you.
Your spot at my side.
Your warmth pressed against my legs.
Your steady breath, lulling me into peace.
Now, the bed feels too big.
The silence too loud.
And the emptiness beside me feels like a wound that will never close.
But love is not gone with breath.
I whisper your name into the dark,
and I swear the air shifts.
A warmth brushes close.
A comfort settles in.
Perhaps the empty bed beside me
isn’t empty at all.
Perhaps it is filled with unseen love,
with a presence that refuses to fade.
And one day,
when my own eyes close for the last time,
I know I will wake again—
to find you there.
No longer a memory.
No longer a shadow.
But whole, real, forever mine.
Until then, the empty bed beside me
is where I keep you close.
Reacties
Een reactie posten