I try not to wonder too much about heaven

 I try not to wonder too much about heaven, because no one truly knows. But in my heart, I have always imagined one thing clearly: you, waiting for me at Heaven’s gate.

I see you whole again, strong and joyful. I see your tail wagging, your ears perked, your eyes searching the horizon for me. I imagine that every day, you sit there with patience that only love could teach. You don’t run off or forget—you wait.

And when my time comes, when my last breath leaves this earth, I believe the first sound I will hear will be the thump of your paws rushing toward me. The first sight I will see will be your tail spinning like a windmill. The first touch will be the familiar weight of your body leaning against me once again.

Until then, I walk with faith. Faith that love this deep doesn’t vanish. Faith that grief is only the shadow of something eternal. Faith that the gate of heaven is not guarded by strangers, but opened by you.

So if you can hear me now, wait a little longer. I am coming. And when I do, we’ll never say goodbye again.

Until then… I’ll live with love, and dream of you waiting at Heaven’s gate. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster