You were my quiet joy
You were my quiet joy.
Not the loud kind.
Not the kind that demanded attention.
Not the kind that arrived with fireworks or grand moments.
You were something softer.
Something steadier.
The kind of happiness that quietly becomes part of your life until you can't imagine a day without it.
I didn't always notice it while it was happening.
That's the part that breaks my heart now.
I thought there would be more time.
More mornings.
More walks.
More ordinary days.
I didn't realize those ordinary days were the gift.
I didn't realize how much joy could live in the simple sound of paws following me from room to room.
Or in the way you'd lift your head when I said your name.
Or in the sight of you sleeping peacefully while sunlight warmed your fur.
You never asked for much.
A place beside me.
A gentle touch.
A favorite toy.
A walk where you could stop and sniff absolutely everything.
And somehow, from those little things, you built an entire world of happiness.
There were difficult seasons in my life.
Days when I felt lost.
Days when I carried worries I couldn't put into words.
Days when I smiled for everyone else but felt exhausted inside.
You always knew.
You never asked questions.
You never needed explanations.
You simply came closer.
Rested your head against me.
Sat beside me.
Stayed.
And somehow, that was enough.
The world talks a lot about big joys.
Big achievements.
Big celebrations.
Big dreams.
But you taught me something different.
You taught me that some of life's greatest blessings arrive quietly.
In a warm presence.
In a loyal companion.
In a soul who greets you with the same excitement every single day.
You taught me that happiness doesn't always shout.
Sometimes it simply lies beside you and sighs contentedly.
After you left, I thought the quiet would disappear with you.
Instead, it changed.
The house became quieter.
The evenings became quieter.
My heart became quieter.
And for a while, I hated that silence.
Because it reminded me of everything I had lost.
But lately, I've started hearing something else inside it.
The echoes of our life together.
The memories.
The comfort.
The love.
And I realize that even now, you're still my quiet joy.
Not because you're here in the way I wish.
But because every memory of you brings a warmth no sadness can completely take away.
I imagine you now beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Resting in a field of endless wildflowers.
The breeze moving gently through your fur.
Golden sunlight stretching across the meadow.
No pain.
No fear.
No goodbye.
Just peace.
The kind of peace you always gave me.
And maybe that's what makes me smile through the tears.
Knowing that the soul who brought so much comfort into my life is now surrounded by comfort too.
So when I think of you today, I don't only think of the loss.
I think of the gift.
The countless little moments.
The quiet companionship.
The unconditional love.
The way you made an ordinary life feel extraordinary.
You were never the loudest part of my world.
You didn't have to be.
Because you were the gentlest.
The truest.
The most faithful.
You were my quiet joy.
And somehow...
You still are.
Forever loved.
Forever missed.
Forever the peace my heart remembers.
Reacties
Een reactie posten