A Place That Feels Like Relief
A Place That Feels Like Relief ~~
For a long time…Whenever I imagined where you had gone, all I could picture was the moment I lost you.
The goodbye.
The tears.
The room that suddenly felt too quiet.
I couldn't imagine anything beyond that.
Grief has a way of making the ending feel bigger than everything that comes after.
But little by little…
my heart began to imagine something different.
Not because I miss you less.
But because I love you too much to believe your story ended in pain.
So now, when I think of you…
I don't picture struggle.
I picture relief.
I picture you opening your eyes to a place where every breath comes easily.
Where standing doesn't take courage anymore.
Where running feels as natural as it did when you were young.
A place where no body grows tired.
No joints ache.
No illness follows.
Only peace.
Only warmth.
Only endless fields where the wind carries the scent of wildflowers instead of hospitals and medicine.
I imagine you waking beneath a sky painted in soft gold and pale blue.
Stretching your legs without hesitation.
Feeling the earth beneath your paws without discomfort.
Running simply because it feels wonderful to run again.
No one is counting the steps anymore.
No one is watching for signs of pain.
Because there is none.
Sometimes I like to believe there are streams so clear they sparkle like morning light.
Butterflies that never fly too fast to catch.
Gentle hills that lead to quiet meadows where every soul is welcomed with love.
And somewhere beneath the shade of an old tree…
you pause.
You look toward the horizon.
Not with sadness.
But with hope.
Because you know this isn't forever apart.
It's simply where you wait.
Safe.
Whole.
Free.
Thinking of you this way doesn't erase my grief.
I still reach for you.
I still whisper your name into quiet rooms.
I still miss the weight of your head resting against my knee.
But now, those memories are wrapped in something softer.
Because while my heart still aches here…
I believe yours doesn't ache anymore.
You are somewhere that feels like relief.
A place where every sunrise brings joy instead of struggle.
Where every path is gentle.
Where every breeze carries peace.
And when I close my eyes, I can almost see you there…
Turning toward the light.
Tail wagging.
Eyes shining.
Waiting with the same faithful heart that never stopped loving me.
Until the day my own journey brings me home to you…
I will carry that picture with me.
Not the goodbye.
But the relief that came after it.
Because that's the place love would choose for you.
A place where nothing hurts.
A place where every soul can finally rest.
A place that feels like relief.
Reacties
Een reactie posten