My heart still finds you
My heart still finds you.
Even when my eyes cannot.
Even when the years keep moving forward.
Even when life asks me to keep going.
My heart still finds you.
Sometimes it happens without warning.
I'll be standing in the grocery store.
Driving down a familiar road.
Folding laundry.
Watching the sunset.
And suddenly...
There you are.
Not in front of me.
Not beside me.
But somehow, everywhere.
A memory appears out of nowhere.
The sound of your happy bark.
The way your paws tapped across the floor when you heard me open the front door.
The feeling of your head resting gently against my leg after a long day.
And for a moment, the distance between us disappears.
That's the strange thing about love.
It doesn't follow the rules of time.
It doesn't care how many days have passed.
How many seasons have changed.
How many tears have already fallen.
When love is real, it keeps finding its way back.
Just like you always did.
You could be asleep in another room.
Playing in the backyard.
Watching birds through the window.
Yet somehow, you always found your way back to me.
And now...
Even after goodbye...
My heart does the same.
It keeps returning to you.
I think that's because you were never just a pet.
You were part of the rhythm of my life.
Part of my mornings.
Part of my evenings.
Part of the quiet spaces in between.
You knew my routines.
My moods.
My worries.
You sat beside me through moments no one else knew about.
The tears I hid.
The fears I carried.
The days when I didn't feel strong.
You never needed explanations.
You never needed words.
You simply stayed.
And sometimes I think that's why losing you hurts so much.
Because I didn't just lose a dog.
I lost a witness to my life.
A soul who knew me completely and loved me anyway.
Yet even now, your love keeps reaching me.
In the warmth of sunlight across the floor.
In the sight of a feather drifting through the air.
In a dream so vivid that I wake up smiling through tears.
In the sudden feeling that I'm not as alone as I thought.
My heart finds you there.
Again and again.
I imagine you now beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless fields beneath skies brushed with gold and soft rainbow colors.
Your body strong.
Your spirit bright.
Your eyes still carrying the same love that followed me through every chapter of my life.
And maybe that's why my heart never stops searching.
Because somewhere deep down, it knows something my grief often forgets.
Love doesn't get lost.
Not when it's this real.
Not when it's this deep.
Not when it was built from years of loyalty, comfort, and unconditional devotion.
Love becomes a path.
A thread.
A connection that stretches beyond what we can see.
And every time I miss you...
Every time I whisper your name...
Every time a memory wraps around me like a blanket...
My heart follows that thread.
And somehow...
It always finds you.
Maybe not in the way I want.
But in the way I need.
A gentle reminder that you are still part of me.
Still part of my story.
Still part of every beat of this heart you helped heal.
So no matter how much time passes...
No matter how far apart this world and the next may seem...
My heart will keep doing what it has always done.
It will keep finding you.
Over and over again.
Because real love never forgets the way home.
Forever loved.
Forever carried.
Forever found.
Reacties
Een reactie posten