There are moments that change us forever
There are moments that change us forever…
Not because we wanted them to.But because love quietly asked something impossible of us.
The day I had to let you go was one of those moments.
I have replayed it more times than I can count.
Wondering if I should have waited another day.
Another hour.
Another moment.
As if time itself could have rewritten the ending.
But every time my heart returns there…
It remembers something my grief often forgets.
Your heart chose gently.
You never fought me.
You never looked afraid when I held your face in my hands.
You looked at me with the same eyes that had trusted me from the very beginning.
The same eyes that had followed me through every season of our life together.
There was no anger in them.
No question.
Only love.
Only the quiet understanding that had always lived between us.
I think you knew before I did.
You knew your body had grown weary.
You knew the weight it carried every morning.
The slow steps.
The tired breaths.
The effort hidden behind every wag of your tail.
And still…
You stayed as long as you could.
Not because you wanted to suffer.
But because you loved me enough to keep trying.
That thought still brings tears to my eyes.
Because I realize now…
The final gift you gave me was your trust.
You trusted that I would know when enough was enough.
You trusted that my hands would never choose anything but kindness.
And so they did.
Even while they trembled.
Even while they refused to let you go.
Love made the choice my heart never wanted to make.
Not because it stopped believing in miracles…
But because it believed in mercy.
When I close my eyes now, I don't remember the fear as much anymore.
I remember the softness.
The warmth of your fur beneath my fingers.
The gentle rise and fall of your breathing.
The way the room seemed to stand still…
As if the whole world was honoring a love too beautiful for words.
Sometimes guilt still knocks on the door of my heart.
But it never stays for long.
Because love answers first.
And love reminds me that kindness is never the wrong choice.
Especially when it is the hardest one.
Now I imagine you somewhere peaceful.
Running without effort.
Resting without pain.
Watching over me with the same gentle heart that trusted me until the very end.
And I hope you know…
I never chose goodbye because I wanted less time with you.
I chose it because I wanted less pain for you.
That was the only choice my heart could make.
Because your heart had always chosen me so gently.
And in the end…
Mine chose gently for you too.
Until the day we meet again beneath endless skies, where every step is light and every goodbye has been forgotten…
Know this:
You were loved with every beat of my heart.
You still are.
And you always will be.
Reacties
Een reactie posten