Some people think grief is looking backward
Some people think grief is looking backward.
But that isn't what this is.My soul still faces you...
As if every part of me knows exactly where love still lives.
There are moments when I turn around for no reason at all.
Not because I heard something.
But because, for the smallest heartbeat, I feel you near me.
It's the same feeling I had when you used to quietly follow me from room to room.
You never wanted anything.
You just wanted to be where I was.
Now, even though I can't see you...
I still feel my heart turning toward yours.
Your bowl is gone.
Your leash hangs untouched.
The house has learned your silence.
But my soul never learned your absence.
It still reaches for you without asking permission.
When the evening light spills across the floor, I almost expect to see your shadow stretching beside mine.
When the wind brushes against my hands, I remember the softness of your fur.
When the stars begin to appear, I wonder if one of them is shining just a little brighter because you're looking back.
I don't believe love disappears simply because our eyes can no longer see it.
I believe it changes.
It becomes quieter.
Gentler.
It settles deep inside us until it becomes part of every breath we take.
That's why I still smile when I hear another dog's paws.
That's why I still whisper your name before I fall asleep.
That's why tears still arrive without warning...
Not because I'm trapped in yesterday.
But because a love like yours never stops living.
Sometimes, in my dreams, there is no sickness.
No final goodbye.
You're running across endless green meadows beneath a sky painted with soft gold and endless blue.
You stop.
Turn around.
And look at me with those same faithful eyes that always knew how to find me.
You don't bark.
You don't need to.
Your eyes say everything.
"I'm still loving you."
And somehow...
My heart answers before I wake.
"I never stopped loving you either."
Maybe that's what forever really is.
Not forgetting.
Not holding on.
But allowing love to keep facing the one who changed your life.
So even though this world can no longer place your paw in my hand...
My soul still turns toward you every single day.
It always will.
And when my own path finally reaches the Rainbow Bridge...
I know I won't have to search for you.
Because the love that has always faced you...
Will finally lead me home.
Forever connected.
Forever loved.
Forever together.
Reacties
Een reactie posten