The room still feels you

 The room still feels you.


Not in a way I can explain.

Not in a way I can prove.

But in a way my heart knows.

I walk into that room sometimes and everything looks exactly as it should.

The furniture is where it has always been.

The walls haven't changed.

The sunlight still spills through the window in the afternoon.

And yet...

Something about it still belongs to you.

There used to be a rhythm there.

The soft sound of your paws crossing the floor.

The gentle sigh you'd make before settling down for a nap.

The familiar jingle of your collar when you stood up to follow me.

Little sounds.

Ordinary sounds.

The kind you barely notice until they're gone.

Now the room is quiet.

But not empty.

Never empty.

Because every corner seems to hold a memory.

That patch of sunlight where you loved to sleep.

That spot by the window where you watched the world go by.

That corner where your favorite toy would somehow end up no matter how many times I moved it.

I still look at those places.

And for a moment, I can see you there.

Not with my eyes.

With my heart.

Sometimes I sit in that room when I miss you most.

I don't do anything special.

I just sit.

And remember.

I remember the warmth of your fur beneath my hand.

The way your ears perked up when you heard your favorite word.

The comfort of knowing you were nearby.

The simple peace that came from sharing space with a soul who loved me unconditionally.

It's strange how grief works.

You think you'll miss the big things.

The adventures.

The walks.

The milestones.

But often it's the smallest things that ache the most.

The empty space beside the couch.

The missing sound of paws.

The room that still feels like it should have one more heartbeat inside it.

For a long time, those feelings made me cry.

And sometimes they still do.

But lately, something has changed.

Now when I walk into that room, I don't only feel loss.

I feel gratitude.

Because what a beautiful thing it is that a life can leave such warmth behind.

What a gift it is that love can linger long after a goodbye.

I imagine you now beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Running through endless meadows beneath skies painted with gold and soft rainbow colors.

Free from pain.

Free from time.

Free from every burden.

Yet somehow still leaving traces of yourself here.

In the rooms you filled with joy.

In the memories you left behind.

In the heart that still carries you every day.

And maybe that's why the room still feels different.

Maybe love doesn't leave when a body does.

Maybe it settles softly into the places where it was given most freely.

Into the sunlight.

Into the silence.

Into the walls.

Into the heart.

So when I walk into that room now, I don't rush away.

I stay for a moment.

I smile.

And I let myself feel you.

Because even though your paws no longer cross that floor...

Your love still does.

And somehow, that room still feels like one of the places you call home. 🌈🐾❤️

Forever loved.

Forever remembered.

Forever felt. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster