Protect what trusts you

 Protect what trusts you.


Because one day, you'll realize what an incredible gift that trust was.

I don't think my dog ever doubted me.

Not once.

Not when I made mistakes.

Not when life got busy.

Not when I came home tired and distracted.

Not when the world felt complicated.

They looked at me the same way every day.

With complete faith.

Complete trust.

Complete love.

And that kind of trust is rare.

They trusted me with everything.

Their happiness.

Their safety.

Their heart.

They trusted that I would come back when I left.

They trusted that I would fill their bowl.

They trusted that I would comfort them when they were scared.

They trusted that wherever I was, they would be okay.

Looking back now, that trust feels sacred.

Because they never asked for proof.

They never needed promises.

They simply believed in me.

I remember thunderstorms.

The way you'd come close and press against my leg when the sky got loud.

Not because you thought I could stop the storm.

But because you believed I could help you through it.

And somehow, that made all the difference.

I remember vet visits.

Car rides.

New places.

Moments that made you nervous.

You always looked for me first.

One glance.

One touch.

One familiar voice.

And suddenly, you were brave again.

Not because you weren't afraid.

But because you trusted the person beside you.

That's what love does.

It creates safety.

It creates comfort.

It creates a place where fear doesn't have to be faced alone.

After you left, I found myself thinking about all the times you trusted me.

And a question kept finding its way into my heart.

Did you know how much I trusted you too?

Because I did.

I trusted your presence.

Your loyalty.

Your ability to make even the hardest days feel manageable.

I trusted the way your tail could make me smile.

I trusted the way your eyes always seemed to understand.

I trusted your love more than words can explain.

And maybe that's why losing you hurt so deeply.

Because trust creates bonds that reach beyond ordinary relationships.

It becomes part of who we are.

Even now, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

Running through endless meadows beneath skies painted with gold and rainbow light.

Strong.

Happy.

Free.

And I hope you carry the same certainty there that you carried here.

The certainty that you were loved.

The certainty that you were protected.

The certainty that every decision I made came from a heart trying its best to care for you.

Because if you could see inside my soul, you'd know the truth.

Protecting you was never a burden.

It was one of the greatest honors of my life.

And if I had the chance, I'd do it all again.

Every walk.

Every vet visit.

Every sleepless night.

Every moment.

Without hesitation.

Because some souls enter our lives and place their entire trust in us.

And when that happens, something beautiful is created.

A bond stronger than time.

Stronger than distance.

Stronger than goodbye.

So tonight, if you're missing the dog who trusted you with their whole heart, remember this:

You were their safe place.

You were their comfort.

You were their home.

And that kind of love never fades.

Not here.

Not there.

Not ever. 🌈🐾❤️

Forever trusted.

Forever protected.

Forever loved. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster