I carry your love with me
I carry your love with me.
Not in my hands.
Not in my pockets.
But in all the places that matter most.
I carry it in the way I look at sunsets now.
I carry it in the quiet moments when the world slows down.
I carry it in the part of my heart that still whispers your name when no one else is listening.
When you first left, I thought the hardest part would be saying goodbye.
I was wrong.
The hardest part was learning how to stay.
Learning how to wake up in a world where your paws no longer crossed the floor.
Learning how to come home to a house that no longer echoed with your excitement.
Learning how to keep moving forward while every part of me wanted one more day with you.
One more walk.
One more cuddle.
One more ordinary moment I would never call ordinary again.
At first, the grief felt heavier than I could carry.
I thought it might always be that way.
But something unexpected happened.
The grief stayed.
Yet your love stayed too.
And little by little, I realized they were not the same thing.
The grief was the wound.
Your love was the reason I could survive it.
Because every time I felt like falling apart, a memory would appear.
The way you greeted me as if I were the most important person in the world.
The way your eyes softened whenever you looked at me.
The way you somehow knew exactly when I needed comfort.
You spent your entire life carrying me through difficult days.
And somehow...
You still do.
Sometimes I find your love in the smallest places.
In the warmth of morning sunlight across the kitchen floor.
In a feather drifting through the air at just the right moment.
In a dream so vivid that I wake up smiling before the tears arrive.
In the sudden feeling that I'm not as alone as I thought.
Those moments don't erase the pain.
But they remind me that love is stronger than absence.
Stronger than distance.
Stronger than goodbye.
I imagine you now beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless fields brushed with golden light.
Chasing butterflies through wildflowers that never fade.
Resting beneath skies filled with stars brighter than any we can see from here.
Healthy.
Free.
Happy.
The way you were always meant to be.
And I like to think that when you look back toward Earth, you don't see my sadness first.
You see the love.
The love that still lives in every memory.
The love that still fills every room you once occupied.
The love that continues growing even though you're gone.
Because that's what real love does.
It doesn't disappear.
It becomes part of us.
It settles into our hearts and quietly changes who we are forever.
So when people ask how I keep going...
The truth is simple.
I don't walk this road alone.
I carry your love with me.
In every step.
In every breath.
In every sunrise.
In every tear.
And in every beautiful memory that reminds me how lucky I was to be loved by you.
You may no longer walk beside me.
But your love still does.
And I have a feeling it always will.
Forever loved.
Forever carried.
Forever walking with me.
Reacties
Een reactie posten