THE STEPFORD WIVES


"THE STEPFORD WIVES" --- (1975) --- 

MY THOUGHTS:

I remember reading the book long before seeing the movie and I thought the movie did it justice. Still, even having read the book, the movie scared the hell out of me. Probably because I was a young teen when I saw it. Seeing it come to life on the screen was a real experience for me. Re-visiting it was just as good, even though I wasn't as scared, now being a much older woman. It stood the test of time for me and was still worth watching.

SYNOPSIS:
"Joanna Eberhart moves to the quiet town of Stepford with her husband and children. The town seems perfect -- maybe a little too perfect. There's something not quite right with the suburb's women: they're vapid, unfathomably devoted to housework and completely subservient to their husbands. Joanna teams up with another recent transplant, Bobby, to investigate the mystery of Stepford's wives and makes a horrific discovery."

STARRING:
Katharine Ross, Paula Prentiss, Peter Masterson, Nanette Newman, Tina Louise, Mary Stuart Masterson, Judith Baldwin, Barbara Rucker, Carole Mallory, Patrick O'Neal and William Prince.

SCREENPLAY:
William Goldman; Based on "The Stepford Wives" by Ira Levin.

DIRECTOR:
Bryan Forbes

AWARDS & OTHER HONORS:
It was nominated for four (4) awards, by various entities, and won one (1).

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

LIVE - Sergey Lazarev - You Are The Only One (Russia) at the Grand Final