You didn't arrive with fireworks

 You didn't arrive with fireworks.

There wasn't a dramatic moment when the world stopped and announced that something extraordinary was about to happen.
You came through quietly.
So quietly, in fact, that I almost missed how much you were changing my life.
One day you were simply there.
A gentle presence.
A happy tail.
A pair of eyes that followed me wherever I went.
And then somehow, without permission and without warning, you became part of everything.
Part of my mornings.
Part of my evenings.
Part of my routines.
Part of my heart.
Love has a funny way of doing that.
It rarely arrives with noise.
Most of the time, it slips into our lives through ordinary moments.
A walk around the block.
A nap on the couch.
A familiar face waiting at the door.
A quiet companion who never asks for much but somehow gives us everything.
That was you.
You never demanded attention.
You never asked to be the center of my world.
Yet somewhere along the way, you became one of the most important parts of it.
I didn't realize how much comfort lived inside your presence until the day it was gone.
Suddenly, the house felt bigger.
The rooms felt quieter.
The days felt different.
Not because everything changed.
But because you had become woven into every part of my life.
The silence wasn't just silence anymore.
It was the shape of you missing.
For a long time, that hurt.
Maybe it always will.
But now, when I think about you, I find myself smiling more often than crying.
Because what stays with me most is not the goodbye.
It's the gift.
The gift of being loved by a soul so pure.
The gift of having someone who never cared about my flaws, my failures, or my bad days.
Someone who simply loved me because I was me.
That kind of love leaves fingerprints on a heart forever.
Sometimes, when the evening sky turns gold and the world grows still, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless meadows.
Chasing sunlight.
Rolling in soft grass.
Your tail wagging exactly the way it always did.
Happy.
Free.
Whole.
And I imagine you arriving there the same way you arrived here.
Quietly.
Gently.
Beautifully.
Bringing light without asking for recognition.
Bringing love without expecting anything in return.
Maybe that's why I still feel you.
Not in loud ways.
Not in grand signs.
But in small moments.
A dream.
A memory.
A sudden feeling of warmth.
A peace that arrives for no reason at all.
You came through quietly.
And somehow, even now, your love still does.
It slips into my heart when I need it most.
It reminds me that real love never leaves completely.
It simply changes form.
And so, whenever the world feels a little too heavy, I remember the beautiful soul who came into my life without a sound...
And left behind a love that still echoes through every part of me.
Forever loved.
Forever treasured.
Forever quietly near.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster