There are days when I still struggle
There are days when I still struggle to find the right words for what it means to miss you.
Gone doesn't seem right.Neither does lost.
Because even though you're no longer here beside me, so much of you still lives within the life you helped create.
Your absence is real.
I feel it when I walk into a room and don't see you waiting there. I feel it when I come home and the door no longer opens to the excited sound of paws rushing across the floor. I feel it in the quiet moments when my hand still reaches for you without thinking.
But your presence is real too.
It lives in the memories that appear without warning and instantly change my day. It lives in the photographs that still make me smile. It lives in the countless little habits I never noticed until they became part of the way I remember you.
Sometimes I catch myself doing something you taught me.
Being more patient.
Being more present.
Finding joy in simple moments.
And suddenly I realize that a piece of you is still walking beside me.
That's the strange thing about love.
It doesn't disappear when someone leaves this world. It settles into our hearts and quietly becomes part of who we are. It changes the way we see things. The way we care. The way we move through life long after goodbye.
I think that's why I still feel connected to you.
Not because I refuse to let go.
But because true love was never meant to be left behind. It was meant to be carried forward. It was meant to continue growing even when the one we love is no longer standing beside us.
There are evenings when I sit alone and think about all the years we shared.
The walks.
The adventures.
The ordinary days that felt extraordinary simply because you were there.
Those memories don't feel empty.
They feel alive.
And somehow, so do you.
I like to imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge, running through endless meadows beneath a sky painted with gold and soft colors. I imagine your eyes bright, your spirit free, and your heart just as full of love as it always was.
Maybe that's why certain moments still bring me comfort.
Maybe that's why some memories still feel warm instead of painful.
Maybe that's why, every now and then, I feel a quiet peace settle over me when I think of you.
Because you may be absent from my sight.
But you are still living.
Living in every lesson you taught me.
Living in every memory we created together.
Living in every corner of my heart that still belongs to you.
And as long as love remains, a part of you always will.
Reacties
Een reactie posten