Some days are ordinary

 Some days are ordinary.

Some days vanish into memory like whispers on the wind.
And then there are days that refuse to leave.
That day stayed with me.
The morning began like any other.
The sun poured through the window.
Your paws padded softly beside me.
Laughter and warmth filled the air.
And then, in a single moment, the world shifted.
I felt the weight of absence for the first time.
The sound of your breathing.
The rhythm of your tail.
The warmth of your body—all gone.
And yet… that day stayed with me.
Not as a shadow.
Not as something I want to forget.
But as a reminder.
A reminder of how fully you lived.
Of how deeply you loved.
Of the ways you made my life brighter without even trying.
Even now, years later, I carry that day with me.
In the quiet of the mornings.
In the echo of laughter.
In the sunlight that falls exactly where you used to nap.
It is both painful and beautiful.
Because every tear, every smile, every memory tells me one thing:
Love leaves its mark.
It refuses to vanish.
It stays.
That day stayed with me.
And through it, so do you.
Beyond the Rainbow Bridge, I imagine you running freely through endless golden meadows, tail wagging, eyes bright, joy unbound.
And I know that your love, that beautiful, patient, unwavering love, still runs beside me, guiding me through the days that remain.
Forever loved.
Forever remembered.
Forever part of my heart. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster