There are days when I miss you so much

 There are days when I miss you so much that it feels like something is missing from the world itself.

Not just from my home.
Not just from my routine.
But from the air.
From the light.
From the spaces between moments.
You left an absence so deep that sometimes I still stumble into it without warning.
A quiet room.
A familiar path.
A memory that appears out of nowhere.
And suddenly, I feel the shape of you again.
The shape of what is no longer here.
For a long time, I thought that emptiness was all grief would ever be.
A hollow place.
A wound.
A reminder of what was taken.
But over time, I discovered something unexpected.
You were written inside the missing.
Every place that hurts carries your name.
Every ache tells a story.
Every empty corner holds evidence of how deeply you were loved.
Because if you had never mattered...
The silence wouldn't feel so loud.
If you had never changed my life...
The space you left behind wouldn't feel so large.
The missing exists because love existed first.
Sometimes I sit quietly and think about all the ordinary moments we shared.
The walks that seemed routine.
The afternoons spent doing absolutely nothing.
The sleepy mornings.
The lazy evenings.
At the time, they felt small.
Now they feel like treasures.
Because those simple moments became the chapters of a story I would give anything to read one more time.
I still carry pieces of that story everywhere I go.
In the way I smile when I see a dog that reminds me of you.
In the way I still pause when I hear a collar jingle in a crowded place.
In the way my heart instantly recognizes your name, even after all this time.
You are woven into me now.
Not around the edges.
Not in the background.
But deep inside the person I became because I loved you.
And maybe that's why the missing feels so complicated.
Because it isn't empty.
It's full.
Full of memories.
Full of gratitude.
Full of a love that never found an ending.
As twilight settles across the sky and the first stars begin shining above the world, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless fields painted in gold.
The wind moving gently through your fur.
Your eyes bright with happiness.
Your spirit free from every burden.
And when I picture you there, I understand something my heart has been trying to tell me all along.
The missing is not proof that you are gone.
It is proof that you were here.
Proof that you loved.
Proof that you mattered.
Proof that a beautiful soul once walked beside me and changed my life forever.
So when the ache returns...
When the silence feels heavy...
When I find myself missing you more than words can explain...
I remind myself of this:
You are written inside every part of what I miss.
And because of that...
You are still written inside me.
Forever loved.
Forever remembered.
Forever part of every heartbeat that carries your name. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster