I still feel you near
I still feel you near.
Not the way I used to — no soft paws padding across the floor, no warm weight leaning into me —but in the stillness that settles around me now.
I've tried to fill that quiet,
but it always finds its way back, wrapped around your memory like something I can't put down.
I return to the places we shared,
and if I sit long enough, I can almost feel you breathing beside me.
Everyone else has kept moving. I'm still here.
Because you don't simply walk away from a love that held you together.
Grief doesn't arrive loudly.
It comes softly, again and again,
telling me the ache is only proof that what we had was real.
So I let it stay close.
I let it rest in the space you left behind —
a quiet reminder that though I can no longer hold you,
you have never truly left me.
If love asks grief as its cost,
I will carry it willingly, every single day —
because having you in my life was worth all of it.
Reacties
Een reactie posten