You never needed grand moments

 You never needed grand moments

to change my life.

You did it quietly.

In the ordinary things.
The slow mornings.
The familiar routines.
The small pauses in the middle of the day
that would’ve meant nothing to anyone else.
But with you…
they felt different.
Sacred, somehow.
The way you waited beside me while I made coffee.
The way your eyes followed me through the house
like simply being near me was enough.
You turned everyday life
into something softer.
Something worth noticing.
And I didn’t understand it then.
I thought those moments were small.
Forgettable.
Just part of the routine.
But now…
they shine brighter than anything else.
Because love was living there.
Not in dramatic gestures.
Not in perfect days.
In the ordinary.
In the quiet ways you stayed close.
In the comfort of your presence.
In the simple rhythm of sharing a life together.
That’s what made it holy.
You taught me
that love doesn’t always arrive loudly.
Sometimes it shows up
as a warm body beside your feet.
A familiar sound in another room.
A quiet companion who makes the world feel safe
just by existing in it.
And even now…
after the silence,
after the missing—
those ordinary moments still carry you.
I feel you in morning light.
In familiar routines.
In the quiet spaces where love once sat so naturally
it never needed to announce itself.
So I don’t rush through those moments anymore.
I hold them gently.
Because you showed me
that the ordinary was never ordinary at all.
It was where love lived best.
And maybe that’s why it still feels sacred.
Because you were there.
Forever woven in. Forever loved.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster