It wasn’t something you said
It wasn’t something you said…
it was something you were.Love didn’t visit you.
It didn’t come and go.
It lived in you.
In the way you walked into a room
and everything softened…
like the air itself recognized
something gentle had arrived.
You didn’t try to be comforting.
You didn’t try to make things better.
And yet…
you always did.
Just by being there.
I felt it in the quiet moments most.
When nothing was happening…
no noise… no distractions…
just us.
And somehow…
those were the moments that felt the fullest.
Because your presence carried something
words never could.
A calm that didn’t ask questions.
A warmth that didn’t need reasons.
A love that didn’t change
depending on who I was that day.
It stayed.
It stayed when I was happy.
It stayed when I was quiet.
It stayed when I didn’t feel like myself.
And it never felt forced.
It was just… there.
That’s what made it different.
It wasn’t something you gave sometimes.
It was something you existed in.
And I think that’s why this feels so deep now.
Because it’s not just you I miss…
it’s what your presence did to the world around me.
How everything felt softer.
Safer.
More whole.
Without you…
the world still moves…
but it doesn’t feel the same.
Like something invisible
that once held everything together
is no longer here the way it used to be.
But even now…
in the quiet…
I feel pieces of it.
That same softness.
That same calm…
arriving without warning…
settling into me like it remembers where it belongs.
And I realize…
maybe love didn’t leave with you.
Maybe it stayed
in the way your presence shaped me.
In the way my heart learned
how to hold something so steady…
so real…
so full.
Because what lived in you…
didn’t disappear.
It found a place in me.
And one day…
when I see you again…
that love won’t feel distant anymore.
It will be right there…
alive in your presence…
the way it always was…
the way it was always meant to be.
Reacties
Een reactie posten