I didn’t expect it
I didn’t expect it…not then.
I was already breaking.The kind of quiet crying
that doesn’t make a sound…
just tears falling…
one after another…
like something inside finally gave up holding them back.
Everything felt heavy.
Too full.
Too much.
Your absence…
it sat right there in my chest…
pressing against every breath.
And I let it.
I didn’t fight it that time.
I didn’t try to distract myself…
or pretend I was okay.
I just… felt it.
The missing.
The silence.
The space where you used to be.
And right in the middle of that…
something changed.
Not all at once.
Not in a way I could explain.
Just… softer.
Like the weight shifted
just enough for me to breathe again.
Like something reached me…
without touching…
without making a sound.
And suddenly…
the tears didn’t feel as sharp.
They were still there…
still falling…
but something inside me
wasn’t hurting the same way.
It was… calmer.
Like you were there again.
Not in front of me…
not where I could see you…
but close.
Close in the way you used to be
when I needed you the most.
Quiet.
Steady.
Unshaken.
I stayed there…
mid-tear… mid-breath…
just feeling it.
That shift.
That calm.
That familiar sense
that I wasn’t alone in it anymore.
And I realized…
maybe you didn’t stop comforting me.
Maybe you just found a different way
to reach me.
Because that’s what you always did.
You knew how to find me
when I didn’t know how to hold myself together.
And even now…
even like this…
you still do.
The tears still come sometimes.
The missing still stays.
But now…
there’s something else there too.
Something softer.
Something steady.
Something that finds me
right when I need it most.
So when it happens again…
when the weight returns…
when the tears fall without warning…
I won’t be afraid of it.
Because somewhere in the middle of that breaking…
I know…
calm will find me again.
The same quiet way you always did.
Reacties
Een reactie posten