Before I understood anything
Before I understood anything…
before I could even name what I was feeling…your heart was already there.
Waiting.
Not in a loud way.
Not in a way that needed to be noticed.
Just… present.
I think about the beginning sometimes.
How everything felt uncertain…
how I didn’t know what would stay
and what would leave.
But you did.
Not with words.
Not with promises.
Just with the way you showed up…
again and again…
without hesitation.
Your heart didn’t hold back.
It didn’t wait for proof.
It didn’t question if it would be returned.
It just… chose.
Chose to stay.
Chose to care.
Chose to love in a way that felt so natural…
I didn’t realize how rare it was.
And I grew into that.
Into the quiet safety you created.
Into the way your presence made everything feel steady…
even when nothing else was.
Because your heart was already there…
holding space for me
before I even knew I needed it.
And now…
that’s what I feel the most.
Not just that you’re gone…
but that the heart that once stayed so close…
is no longer here the same way.
But something in me knows…
it didn’t disappear.
Because love like that doesn’t just stop.
It doesn’t vanish
just because we can’t see where it went.
It stays…
in a different form.
In the quiet moments
when I feel something soften without reason.
In the stillness
where everything slows down…
and something familiar returns.
Like your heart…
is still reaching for mine.
Still choosing me…
the same quiet way it always did.
And maybe that’s the truth I’m learning to hold—
your heart didn’t leave.
It just found a place
where nothing could take it away…
where distance doesn’t matter…
where time doesn’t change what it already chose.
So even now…
even here…
I feel it.
That same steady love.
That same quiet certainty.
Your heart…
still there.
And one day…
when I find my way back to you…
I won’t have to feel it from afar anymore.
I’ll see it again…
right in front of me…
just as constant…
just as open…
just as sure
as it always was.
Reacties
Een reactie posten