I think about it sometimes

 I think about it sometimes…

the way you loved.
So simple.
So certain.
Like you never questioned it.
You didn’t hold back parts of yourself.
You didn’t wait for the right moment.
You didn’t need to be sure of anything first.
You just… loved.
Fully.
Openly.
Without hesitation.
And somehow…
you always got it right.
Even on days when I didn’t.
Even when I was distracted…
or quiet…
or not the version of myself I wish I had been…
you never changed.
You didn’t pull away.
You didn’t ask for more.
You stayed the same.
Steady.
Loyal.
Certain in a way I didn’t always understand at the time.
And now…
that’s what stays with me.
Not just the moments we shared…
but the way your heart moved through them.
So sure of what it felt.
So sure of where it belonged.
Because love never confused you.
It never made you doubt.
You saw me…
and that was enough.
You chose me…
and you didn’t look back.
And I think…
that’s what makes this so powerful.
Because the kind of love you gave
wasn’t complicated.
It wasn’t fragile.
It was right.
Right in a way that didn’t need explaining.
Right in a way that didn’t leave room for fear.
And even now…
even in this quiet space without you…
I feel that truth.
In the way my heart still turns toward you
without thinking.
In the way your memory feels steady…
not uncertain… not fading…
just… right.
Like something that doesn’t need to be questioned.
Because what you gave me…
what you were…
it never went wrong.
It didn’t break.
It didn’t fail.
It stayed true…
all the way through.
And maybe that’s what I hold onto now.
Not just that I loved you…
but that you loved me
in the purest, simplest way possible.
And you never got it wrong.
Your heart…
it did right.
And one day…
when I find my way back to you…
that same love…
that same certainty…
will be waiting for me again.
Just as steady.
Just as sure.
Just as right
as it always was. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster