There’s a meadow where you run now

 There’s a meadow where you run now —

I can feel it.
Soft grass beneath your paws,
sunlight spilling across forever.

But what I didn’t know,
is that a part of that meadow lives inside me too.

Every memory we made —
each walk, each laugh, each quiet night —
took root in my heart like wildflowers.
And even in grief, they bloom.

When the world feels heavy,
I close my eyes and go there.
I see you, bright and free,
turning to look back at me with that same, gentle love.

You remind me that Heaven isn’t always far away.
Sometimes, it’s right here —
in the pulse of memory,
in the garden your love left behind.

So when people ask how I keep going,
I tell them the truth:
because I carry a piece of forever within me.

A place where love never dies,
where loss becomes light,
and where my best friend runs freely still —
in the meadows within my heart.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster