Goodbye

 Goodbye,

my heart still whispers it
as if saying the word quietly
will make it hurt less.

You were my calm in the chaos.
My soft place to land.
The warmth at my feet
when the world felt cold.

And now
your bowl sits untouched.
Your fur still clings to my clothes
like tiny threads of love
too stubborn to leave.

I keep expecting you
to wander into the room
with that sleepy look
and that familiar stretch
that always made me smile…

But instead
there is only stillness.

I close my eyes
and I imagine you running now—
no pain,
no fear,
just the wind in your fur
and a meadow that never ends.

I imagine you turning back,
tail waving like a flag of joy,
as if to say:
“I’ll wait for you here… don’t rush… live your life.”

I wipe the tears,
but the love remains.
Love always remains.

Goodbye for now,
my gentle soul.
Until my arms find you again
at the Rainbow Bridge…
where goodbyes are never needed.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster