From Your Sky-Dog

 “From Your Sky-Dog”

(a letter from Heaven)

I know you cry
when you say my name.
I know you look for signs
that I’m still here.

So here’s my promise:
I’m not missing.
I’m just different.

I am the breeze
that kisses your cheek
when you whisper goodnight.

I am the spark
in every star
when you wonder where I went.

I am the warmth
that curls beside you
when the bed feels too big
and your heart feels too small.

I watch your steps.
I follow your days.
I protect your dreams.

I did not leave you behind —
I simply ran ahead
to clear the path,
to chase away the fear,
to wait in a world
where no one gets hurt anymore.

So when you feel lost,
look up.

Find the brightest star —
the one that flickers
like a tail wag once did.
That’s me.
Laughing in light.
Loving you still.

Signed with paws and stardust,
Your Sky-Dog
Forever above
Forever yours.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster