I still reach for you

 I still reach for you.


In the morning
when I wake to silence
instead of wagging joy.

At night
when the stars feel too far
and the bed feels too big.

But then—
in the quiet moments
when the world stops rushing—
I feel you.

A breath against my soul.
A nudge I can’t explain.
A love that refuses to fade.

Maybe that’s what forever means…

Not holding you in my arms,
but holding you
in every heartbeat.

I imagine you now—
tail in the wind,
eyes full of light,
free from every pain this world demanded.

And I know
I don’t walk alone.

You’re the whisper in my grief.
The pause in my tears.
The peace that arrives
when I remember…

Heaven isn’t far.
It’s the space between heartbeats
where your love still speaks.

Until I feel you curl beside me again…
I’ll listen for your whisper. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster