I picture you
I picture you
in a place where sorrow can’t reach.Where the grass is soft
beneath healing paws,
and every breeze carries laughter
instead of pain.
There are no goodbyes
where you are now.
Only beginnings.
Only light.
I imagine you turning
every few steps—
as if you’re counting the minutes
until you feel my arms around you again.
Maybe the hardest part of grief
is learning to stay behind…
While the sweetest soul you’ve ever known
runs ahead to paradise.
But if love can cross worlds—
(and I believe it can)
then every tear I shed
becomes one more flower
on the path that leads to you.
So play.
Rest.
Be free, my angel.
And when the day comes
that I arrive, breathless from missing you—
please run to me
just like you always did.
Full speed.
Heart first.
I’ll be waiting to hear your paws
pounding joy into forever
as you meet me
at the edge of the rainbow.
Reacties
Een reactie posten